REGULAR RECRUIT INTAKE (SOLDIERS)
The Basic Recruit military training for Trades and Non-Tradesmen is a Short Period Training for people with and without trade skills to enlist into the Nigerian Army as Trade and Non-trade soldiers. The training lasts for 6 months of training and applies to candidates who possess a minimum of Secondary School leaving Certificate.
SHORT SERVICE COMMISSION
The Short Service Commission (SSC) is a type of commission in the Nigerian Army which is open to both civilians and serving military personnel. The Course provides the avenue for the enlistment of degree holders who desire to join the officers rank of the Nigerian Army as Combatant. The training period for this type of commission is usually 9 months of intensive military training and successful candidates are commissioned into the rank of Second Lieutenant.
DIRECT SHORT SERVICE COMMISSION
The Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) is a type of commission in the Nigerian Army which is open to both civilians and serving military personnel. The training provides the avenue for the enlistment of degree holders who are professionals in specified fields. The training period for this type of commission is usually 6 months of intensive military training and successful candidates are commissioned as Lieutenant.
METHODS OF APPLICATION
(1) Apply online at the recruitment portal https://recruitment.army.mil.ng.
(2) Enter the link above with your username and password.
(3) Fill out the application form, send it online, and print a copy. Then print and fill out the relevant guarantor form.
(4) Make sure you bring a copy of the application and guarantor form with your designated state at the recruitment center.
(1) Applicants must be Nigerian by birth and have a national identity card.
(2) Candidates must be available in medical, physical, and psychological forms.
(3) Candidates must be free from criminal charges by the court.
(4) All candidates must have at least 4 passports for no more than 2 sittings at WASSCE / GCE / NECO / NABTEB at level O / including English.
(5) Apart from the above qualifications, prospective tradesmen/women must also have a Trade Test/City Guide certification. Please see the website for details.
(6) Applicants can be at least 18 years old and not more than 22 years old for non-traders / women, while traders/women can be at least 22 years old and not more than 26 years old at the start of the training. 31 May 2021.
(7) Not less than 1.68 m and 1.62 m high for male and female candidates.
(8) Knowledge of additional Nigerian language other than your native language is an added benefit.
(1) Applicants should note that there is no computer-based pre-selection test.
(2) There is no special recruitment center.
(3) No zone screening exercises are performed.
(4) All examinations of prospective recruits are carried out in the applicant’s country of origin.
(5) Applicants are not permitted to carry any electronic or recording devices with them at state recruitment sites.
(6) Applicants are also expected to follow the COVID-19 protocol, which includes regular hand washing, use of face masks, and physical cleaning.
(7) All applicants who falsified or forged their results and were found during training at the NA Depot will be withdrawn.
(8) Applicants are advised to bring a printout of their BVN.
(9) Applicants are advised on their behalf and must not give any satisfaction to encourage a person or group of people to support them in their recruitment exercise.
(10) Applicants are advised to read the instructions on the website carefully.
(11) The names of selected applicants will be published on the Nigeria Army website for information from all applicants.
(12) Applicants who have been included in the list must report to their respective state of origin from 12 to 26 April 2021 for verification.
(13) Successful applicants will be sent to Kano State’s NA Falgore Forest training area starting April 26, 2021.
Minimum Age (Non – Trades)18Maximium Age (Non – Trades)22Minimium Age (Trades)22Maximium Age (Trades)26Minimium Height (Male)1.68Minimium Height (Female)1.62Minimium Educational Qualification Minimum 4 passes in not more than 2 sittings in WASSCE, GCE, NECO or NABTEB Application Period.
1) prospective applicants should start to examine their body fitness, medical fitness, and psychology fitness starting from now.
2) Candidates should caution their intake of alcohol and should halt smoking, because it may lead to disqualification during depot training.
3) Candidates with potbelly may be disqualified, so it is important to get rid of them. Start doing exercises like sit-ups, jumping jacks, and Burpees, etc.
4) 3.5km race or more is one of the training exercises, practicing jogging starting from now is not a big deal, it will surely boost your endurance capacity.
5) Determination and Endurance are the best, to overcome the challenges you will encounter during training you will need them. So stay focus and bear in mind that you will make it once you determine.
His name is Ibrahim Olamide AKA “Masnet”, the creator of IBMASNET.COM. He is a writer, poet, educational consultant, and also reporter who cherishes reporting the latest updates in educational news in Nigeria and Overseas. Also, he is committed to assisting the learners in terms of learning and other aspects.