Latest News: University of Uyo (UNIUYO) losses accreditation medical & surgical following evaluation by the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (MDCN) and other standards-setting bodies.
Due to non-compliance with the standards set by the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (MDCN), University of Uyo has lost accreditation in the fields of medicine and surgery.
Some of the requirements listed in the MDCN Red Book are as follows:
- For health reasons, no more than two students may share a room.
- Transportation must be provided to take students on major health care and other business trips.
- Sports and entertainment facilities must be provided for students. An active social life must be enhanced through the provision of suitable facilities.
- The hall must have audiovisual facilities.
- All medical students must be accommodated in a dormitory
With that in mind, University of Uyo lost its civil engineer accreditation after being recently assessed by a standards-setting body.
Applicants are encouraged to take new courses via JAMB (Change of Course ) to avoid heartbreaking stories.