I know you are probably here because you searching for the new JAMB 2021 recommended texts in literature in English, but worry less you are in the right place.
JAMB 2021 is fast approaching, and I’m certain that you have been preparing for it for a very long time. But know this, you need to make a higher score in this JAMB 2021 because there is going to be a lot of competition as a result of what is happening in some institutions’ admission for the 2020/2021 academic session. Especially, if you want to choose any of the following Institutions as your first choice in JAMB you need to be very serious, and have determination;
- University of Ilorin (UNILORIN)
- University of Lagos (UNILAG)
- University of Ibadan (UI)
- Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU)
- University of Benin (UNIBEN)
All these Universities are very competitive and tough. To gain admission into any of the five Universities above is not an easy task, one needs to read extensively, forget about having a “CONNECTION” right now. Try to study more and get an excellent score in your JAMB and POST JAMB. Then, you will have peace of mind. If you don’t pass you won’t gain admission, this shouldn’t be a bitter truth for anyone I guess.
The main reason for this article is to discuss about JAMB 2021 recommended texts for literature in English, some aspects of Art-division for the JAMB 2021, and what you should know about it as an Art-student. You know JAMB normally gives out the syllabus for each subject every year, which means you should have known about the areas of concentration in each subject. Presently, JAMB Management has not declared an official syllabus for any subject.
It is easy to score more than the cutoff mark for your desired course in the art department if you are industrious enough. This is simply because JAMB will not go beyond what is in the syllabus for each subject.
All the Prospective JAMBITES in the art department who wish to sit for UTME 2021 are hereby advised to read the below guides carefully without skipping any part.
1 Discussion about the JAMB 2021 recommended texts in literature in English.
2 Gathering of ideas about the recommended text in Literature in English for JAMB 2021.
3 Summarization of the whole article.
1) Discussion about the JAMB 2021 recommended texts in literature in English: The previously recommended texts in Literature in English in all the genres which are DRAMA, PROSE, AND POETRY are likely to be changed. Below are the examples of the texts on each genre of literature that was used for both JAMB, WAEC, NECO from the year 2016 to 2020.
Harvest of Corruption by Frank Odogo Ogbeche
Othello by William Sharkspear (non-African)
She stoops to Conquer by Olivia Goldsmith etc.(non-African)
Native Son by Richard Wright (non-African)
Lonely Days by Bayo Adebowale(African)
The Castle of Othranto by Horce Walpole etc…(non-African)
- POETRY (African)
Piano and Drum
The Dining Table
The panic of growing older etc.
- POETRY (non-African)
The proud King
Crossing the bar
The Schoolboy etc.
But for this JAMB 2021, the texts are likely to be changed, wait! Let me say will be changed, and the reasons why I suggest that the texts are going to be changed are;
- JAMB normally follows the syllabus in Literature in English in WAEC, and NECO, etc. And if you have reviewed the syllabus for WAEC in Literature in English, you will notice that they have changed the texts for this year’s examination. So JAMB will also change it to the same texts as WAEC did.
- If you have the textbook for Literature in English titled EXAM FOCUS before, try to check the front page of the book you will see the year it will be outdated and that is 2016-2020. This means that the book is no longer useful, either for WAEC, NECO, or JAMB examination. So you need to make sure you update to the new JAMB 2021 recommended texts for literature in English that will be highlighted below.
- AFRICAN PROSE
Second Class Citizen by Buchi Emecheta
Unexpected Joy at Dawn by Alex Agyei-Agyiri (2018 Edition)
- NON-AFRICAN PROSE
Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison
Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
- SHAKESPEAREAN TEXT
A Midsummer Night’s Dream
- AFRICAN DRAMA
Let me Die Alone by John K. Kargbo
The Lion and the Jewel by Wole Soyinka
- NON-AFRICAN DRAMA
Look Back in Anger by John Osborne
Fences by August Wilson
- AFRICAN POETRY
“Black Woman” by Leopold Sedar Senghor
“The Leader and the Led” by Niyi Osundare
“The Grieved Lands” by Agostinho Neto
“The Song of the Women of my Land” by Oumar Farouk Sesay
“Raider of the Treasure Trove” by Lade Wosornu
“A Government Driver on his Retirement” by Onu Chibuike
- NON-AFRICAN POETRY
“The Good-Morrow” by John Donne
“Caged Bird” by Maya Angelou
“The Journey of the Magi” by T.S. Eliot
“Do not Go Gentle into the Good Night” by Dylan Thomas
“Binsey Poplars (Felled 1879)” by G.M. Hopkins
“Bat” By David H. Lawrence
The texts above are the newly recommended texts by WAEC 2021 and they will be used from 2021 to 2025, which implies that for this JAMB 2021 those texts are likely or will be used.
2) Gathering of ideas about the recommended texts in Literature in English: This second part is all about how you are going to prepare yourself for the questions you are going to answer during the JAMB examination in Literature in English. The majority of the Candidates are familiar with the previously recommended texts, and they have known all the areas of concentration in the JAMB examination.
But this JAMB 2021 is somehow different for all the PENS. Especially for the art students who must select Literature in English in their subjects’ combination. And the reason for the difference is simply because of the new recommended texts in literature in English that will be in usage. If that is the case, one needs to be panoptic enough to score the highest mark in Literature in English, and other subjects.
If you have not read or have ideas about the new recommended texts, try to convene knowledge from a different source. Don’t try to study alone for it, seek help from your friends who are also in your shoes, study together for a minimal time before you read alone, consult a competent teacher to guide you, search online for different ideas. With all these methods I’m very sure you won’t have any difficulty in Literature in English in your JAMB examination.
- Try to put more effort into the new JAMB 2021 recommended texts in literature in English, get a standard textbook that discusses vividly each text.
- JAMB is like a group of soldier Ants, if you walk slowly you will get bitten, but if you walk quickly you won’t get bitten. This implies that if you don’t study hard enough you will pass, but if you do study very well you will fail IRONICALLY.
I wish you the best of luck in this JAMB 2021!
If this post is helpful to you in one way or the other, kindly share and comment below.
His name is Ibrahim Olamide AKA “Masnet”, the creator of IBMASNET.COM. He is a writer, poet, educational consultant, and also reporter who cherishes reporting the latest updates in educational news in Nigeria and Overseas. Also, he is committed to assisting the learners in terms of learning and other aspects.